Effective Date: 15 November 2021
Below you will find answers to the following frequently asked questions about how we collect, use and share your personal information:
- What is the personal information that we collect?
- Why do we collect personal information?
- How do we collect your personal information?
- How do we use personal information?
- With whom do we share personal information?
- How do we secure personal information?
- How do we respect your choices about your personal information?
- The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services does not sell your personal information under the customary definition of sale.
- Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
1. What is the personal information that we collect?
Depending on how you choose to interact with The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services, we may collect personal information from you, for example your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, credit card or bank account information, date of birth and other persistent identifiers that can be used to personally identify you. We may also collect other personal information regarding your interaction with The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services websites, Devices and Apps, including usage information, the items that you browse, purchase, download, read, watch and otherwise access, and your geographic location.
2. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you. For more information as to why we collect personal information, please see the section below entitled: “How do we use your personal information?”
Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from mobile notifications by changing your settings in the Apps or on your The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services or third party device.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
(a) Information that you provide to us
However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
Making a purchase or placing an order
When you make a purchase or place an order for our digital content (“Digital Content”), you may need to submit personal information to us.
Creating an account or joining a The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Program
Using The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites, Devices and Apps
The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites, Devices, and Apps may provide you with the ability to enter (either directly, or by authorizing The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services to access the information from a third party such as a social networking site or application) certain information such as your contacts, calendar entries or photos, or images you may submit to us to help us locate products for you.
Contacting Customer Service
When you contact customer service, we may ask you to provide, or confirm, personal information so that we can better serve you.
Interacting with social media sites
Our Devices and Apps may provide you with the ability to enter (directly, or by authorizing us to download the information from a third party such as a social media site or application) personal information such as contacts or lists of friends. These or related applications may also allow you to provide information directly to social media sites including information about your purchases, physical location, or comments.
(b) Information automatically collected
There are circumstances in which we automatically receive and collect information from you. The most common sources of this information include:
- Web server logs
- Pixel tags or clear GIFs
- Third party web analytics services
- Targeted advertising
- Your Device or Apps you use
- Geolocation, including general and precise location information
- Social media sites
- Business partners, contractors, and other third parties
For your convenience, we have provided a summary description of each of these circumstances below:
Web server logs
When you visit a The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Website, our web servers may automatically log information that your browser sends us. For example, we may receive and collect: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the date and time you access the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Website. We may also collect information regarding search queries run on the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Website. We use this information to monitor the usage of the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites and as necessary for our business.
Browsers are typically set to create cookies automatically. You can choose to have your browser notify you when cookies are being written to your computer or accessed, or you can disable cookies entirely.
Pixel tags or clear GIFs
We may use sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to determine the effectiveness of our e-mail and advertising and marketing efforts. For this purpose, we tie the pixel tags and clear GIFs to personally identifiable information. We may also collect information regarding the links within such marketing materials that you click on and purchase statistics regarding items you buy following receipt of such marketing.
Third party web analytics services
We work with third party service providers, including but not Google Analytics, to help us better understand how you use the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites. These third party service providers will place cookies in your browser to collect information such as how you were referred to the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Website, how you navigate around the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Website, what you purchase and what traffic is driven by various marketing methods. This information will help us to better serve you and provide you with more personalized information and product offerings. We do not allow third party service providers to collect your credit card information, e-mail address, or password information. These third party service providers may only use your personal information to perform services for us and may not share your personal information with anyone else, or use it for any other purpose, except on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis.
Your Website use or Apps you use
When you use our Website or our Apps, we automatically collect information through the Website or App when it is connected to the Internet. For example, we may receive and collect information concerning website registration, operating system, settings, usage, search queries, network interaction, the name of the network from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, sideloaded content, configuration, or service information relating to any malfunction of the Website or App. This may include information regarding your activity on the Website or App.
In addition, to provide location-based services on Website or through App, The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services and third party application providers may automatically collect real-time geographic location information or other location-based information about your device on which the App is installed or the Website is accessed on. This information may be used to provide certain device or application functionality or to offer, provide and improve products and services.
Business partners, contractors, and other third parties
We may collect personal information and other information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize third parties to provide us with information. Such information may be collected via, but not limited to, software applications that you download or use on your Device or that otherwise allow you to interact with the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services enterprise.
4. How do we use your personal information?
The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services uses your personal information across our enterprise to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our businesses. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Provide you with products, services and information across the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services enterprise, including product and subject recommendations and other information through emails from our businesses, and on the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites and online interactive communities, your devices, Digital Content, Apps and software, and display associated content and advertising;
- Administer our programs;
- To protect against deceptive and fraudulent activity;
- Provide customer service in stores, by telephone and online;
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize and enhance the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites and advertising;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues; and
- Manage our business.
5. With whom do we share personal information?
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services. The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services shares your personal information with:
- Other entities within the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services enterprise. The Arts & Humanities Tuition Service sowns and operates other operations and businesses and we may share your personal information with our other business units and operations, even if such business units or operations are sold.
- Partners. We provide personal information to our partners that provide product and service offerings or technologies that we think may be of interest to you. Our partnerships may also result in products and services that allow you to publish Digital Content that may be shared with our partners. We may offer you the opportunity to opt-in to receive information from our partners, which may result in your personal information being shared with our partners. The use of your information by our partners and their vendors and contractors will be subject to the privacy policies of our vendors once such information is transferred.
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf. We provide personal information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work under contract on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party providers of products and services. These are third parties that provide products and services you may purchase or request from or through us. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party membership programs. We work with certain third party entities to help them administer their own membership or rewards programs by providing them with purchasing information about their customers who make purchase from The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services. We disclose only the information that is necessary to make these third party programs work and to support your membership in them. We require such entities to obtain your consent before we provide them with this information, which they usually do as part of their own membership or participation rules.
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. Although The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services’s treatment of this information is governed by this policy, the use of your information by the third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors will be subject to their own privacy policies.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services may release personal information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, and without your consent, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; (c) establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, (d) protect the rights, property or safety of The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services, our employees, our customers, users, or others; or (e) to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
6. How do we protect personal information?
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create a The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
7. How do we respect your choices about your personal information?
You may choose to opt out from receiving marketing and promotional communications from The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services at any time by following the instructions below.
- For The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services account Holders: Any account holder can opt-out of the receipt of any promotional communications by emailing to our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services does not sell your personal information under the customary definition of sale.
We do not provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personally identifiable information to third parties in exchange for money.
Analytics & Targeted Advertising
You may choose to opt out of collection of automatically collected information, including cookies by using the functionality in your browser to reject cookies.
Online Community Users
The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services provides you with the ability to access, correct, change or request deletion of the personal information in your community profile(s) at any time by following the instructions below. However, you cannot currently change your profile name although you may re-register and choose a new name. To review or modify your profile information, please click here. Please be advised that The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services may archive information it collects on its community and visitors. Additionally, by participating in the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services online interactive community, including but not limited to, the submission of customer reviews, participation in The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services’s other various interactive offerings, you agree to receive communications from The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services, other users, and moderators related to the provision of these services.
Accessing, correcting and deleting your information
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies rectified. Finally, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to email@example.com. You may submit a request for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you through emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Policies for Minors, including children under the age of 13
The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of Minors under the age of 13, according to the Children and Young Persons Act (CYPA), originally enacted in Singapore in 1993.
Except as noted below: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Individuals under the age of 18 (“Minors”) are not permitted to use The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites or Apps without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites; and (v) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on any of the The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact email@example.com. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from its database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor under the age of 18, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites and Apps by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy Rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services Websites or Apps.
Data retention policy
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to access your information, delete your information, or opt out of the sale of your information. To designate an agent for these purposes:
- You must provide us with a copy of a written and signed permission given to your authorized agent; and
- You must verify your own identity directly with us.
Important information about third party devices, ISPs, websites and applications
Information collected from visitors from outside Singapore
Certain jurisdictions outside Singapore require that we have a lawful basis to justify our processing of your personal information. Where applicable, the lawful bases that The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services relies upon to justify a particular processing activity may differ from the lawful basis used to justify a different processing activity. The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services relies on the following lawful bases to process personal information, as permitted under applicable law:
- Processing necessary for the negotiation, execution, or performance of contracts;
- Processing to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and as necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- Processing in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including our interests to conduct legitimate business activities (such as improving our products and services, to communicate with you, to secure our systems, among other legitimate interests);
- Processing for employment purposes;
- Processing based on your consent; and
We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law. If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this Policy. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can contact us at email@example.com for more information about our processing of your personal information.
Some jurisdictions outside Singapore have provided individuals with certain rights in relation to the processing of their personal information. This may be the case, for example, if you are located in the European Union or United Kingdom. These rights are not available to everyone, and they do not necessarily apply in all contexts. You may have a right under your jurisdiction’s data protection law to the following with respect to some or all of your personal information:
- To request access to your personal information
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- To provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability ; and
- When we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing
To exercise these rights, please contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may, after receiving your request, require additional information from you to honor the request and verify your identity. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, please email us at email@example.com or contact us. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact your local data protection authority (if one exists in your country).
By doing business or interacting with The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information to and within facilities located in Singapore and other facility locations selected by The Arts & Humanities Tuition Services.
Effective Date: 15 November 2021